Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Friday, January 8, 2010

Snowman Box

This is the January project I made for Kyle's teacher. I have been sending her little gifts throughout the year with 3x3 note cards.

The box is made using the Fancy Favor XL die for the Big Shot. Isn't he adorable? The XL dies can be a bit pricey, but if you are looking for just one to invest in, I absolutely recommend the Fancy Favor die. I love it!

The little earmuffs were made using the Scallop Circle punch and some 5/8" Basic Black ribbon. I used the Paper Crimper to give the muffs some texture. I guess I could have used any of my texture plates for the Big Shot, too.
I kept the cards very simple and didn't even add a greeting this time. The snowflakes are from the Snow Swirled stamp set and were stamped in Not Quite Navy, Ballet Blue, and Bordering Blue.

Snowman Box Directions:
  1. Cut one box from Confetti White cardstock using the Fancy Favor Die and Big Shot.
  2. Use Sticky Strip to put box together.
  3. Punch 5 black 3/4" circles. Cut the bottoms off 2 of them to make the eyes.
  4. Add eye details using White Gel Pen.
  5. Cut a 1 x 1 3/4" piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Cut it at a diagonal to make two noses.
  6. Crimp nose with Paper Crimper.
  7. Adhere face pieces.
  8. Punch 2 scallop circles in color of your choice (I used Summer Sun). Crimp both pieces.
  9. Cut an 8" piece of black ribbon and adhere to sides of box.
  10. Place scallop circles on top of ribbon.

No comments: