Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Long Notes Money Card


Not too long ago, I attended my cousin, Lindsay's wedding. I needed a card, but wanted something that would hold a check. I decided to use my Long Notes (page 167) to make a money card. You might notice that my Long Note is not the same color as the ones shown in the catalog. That's because this one is from a set we sold a while ago.

I don't have any wedding exclusive sets, so I decided to use the cake image from Year After Year. This set has many fantastic images that you will need throughout the year--a pumpkin, Christmas tree, graduation cap, heart, etc. It will be retiring in August with this catalog.

The fold for the Long Notes is on the left side, so I had to use my Hobby Blade to cut a little slot for my ribbon to go through.

People sometimes ask what kinds of things do I put on the inside of my cards. The picture belows shows the greeting I used from In My Thoughts. I used the slit punch to turn my Long Note into a money holder, so I had to put my greeting on the left side of the card.


Recipe:
Stamps: Year After Year, Hugs & Wishes, In My Thoughts, Whimsy jumbo wheel
Cardstock: Saffron Long note, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Whisper White
Accessories: Ticket corner punch, slit punch, Groovy Guava ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Markers (Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Cameo Coral)

No comments: