Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Club Christmas Party

Oh, we had so much fun on Monday night! I invited my club girls over for a little party where we had a potluck, played the Thief game with our hand-stamped gifts, and made a cute Christmas Project.

This little reindeer bag was my gift to them for coming. Isn't is adorable?! I think I'll make these for Kyle's class. I made the one on the right with the scallop circle thinking it reminded me of the tuft of white fur on the necks of deer, but my aunt decided it looked like he was trying to be Santa Claus with a beard! So, you decide which way to make it.

Supplies Used: Soft Suede, Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red cardstock, White gel pen, Basic Black marker, Big Shot Dies----Snowflake (for antlers), Top Note, Punches---Wide Oval (snout), Small Oval (nose and ears), 3/4" circle, 1/2" circle, Small Cello Bags



I bought these photo cubes at the $ spot a while back and thought they'd be perfect for a Christmas Project. I used the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper for my example. I had a hard time trying to come up with each square until I started looking at them as mini scrapbook pages. I love some of the squares, while others could use some improvement! I had to remind myself to keep it simple--no brads, knots, etc. because the block just wouldn't go back together very well if it's too bulky. Just keep in mind that photos will give the project a whole new look.

Tip: I crumbled up some tissue paper to fill in the cardboard block that I attached the pages to. It needed some stability.

I gave the ladies lots of choices for their block. I had a variety of designer papers, stamp sets, ribbons, etc. for them to use. I loved how different all of them turned out and how many great ideas the ladies came up with themselves.

Here are a couple of Michelle's pages. It seems I only took pictures of her blocks. Sorry girls!


I will post the projects everyone made over the next couple days---I promise!

No comments: