Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fun New Stamps!

 Images copyright Stampin' Up!

Hello ladies!  I wanted to share with you a couple of cards that I made a while back for my new catalog open house.  The new catalog is filled with so many new, fantastic stamp sets and accessories.  I had a hard time narrowing down my choices for my first order.

The card on the left uses the very versatile Work of Art stamp set.  There is so much you can do with the artistic elements in this set.  I've seen flags, flowers, and more made with the stamps in this set.  Super cute!  I focused on using the new In Colors on both of these cards.  I just love all of these new colors.  The Blackberry Bliss (background on the card on the right) is fantastic.  We really needed a color like that.

The card on the right uses the Blended Bloom single stamp along with our new Blendabilities--alcohol based markers.  I am new to these type of markers, but I must say with a little practice I have already improved.  I was never very good at making highlights/lowlights with my aquapainter or blender pen, but the Blendabilities make this all so much easier!  Another great feature of these markers is that you can color on top of our rhinestones, pearls, and buttons to make custom accents for your projects.  I used the Daffodil Delight marker to color the clear button on my flower.  You can find the selection on page 212 in the big catalog.

I will be having a series of Blendabilites workshops beginning in October.  Each class will teach you some tips for using Blendabilities.   Details will be coming soon!

No comments: