Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Monday, December 3, 2007

Home Decor--Part 3 Christmas Wreath


I was so excited to finish this wreath! I once again used my Heat & Stick powder to adhere my glitter on the chipboard snowflakes. I don't use the red glitter very often, but it was perfect for this project. The two small snowflakes are missing their red rhinestone brads, but my order will arrive today so I can fix them later. The scalloped squares and star were covered with the Dashing Designer Papers. I just love this set of paper. I've been using it on all my Christmas decor items so that they match.

For those of you new to chipboard, there are a number of ways to cover it.
  1. Apply craft ink directly to the chipboard. I usually smoosh my chipboard piece into my large craft pad or use my craft spots to dab the color on. This gives you a smooth, velvet like finish.

  2. Apply craft ink and add embossing powder on top. You can use clear or use Iridescent Ice EP to give it some sparkle!

  3. Cover with designer paper. There are two ways to do this. The easiest way (and the one I usually choose) is to use your Anywhere Glue stick to stick your chipboard on a piece of paper. Then, working on your cutting mat, use a craft knife to cut off the excess pieces. The other way is two trace your chipboard piece onto your paper and cut it out. Use your Anywhere Glue Stick to adhere the paper. After either of these techniques, use your sanding block to sand off any rough edges. Use a nail file (the mini ones work great!)to get into small spaces.

  4. Cover with glitter. Smoosh Versamark pad on top of your chipboard piece, being sure to cover completely. Apply Heat & Stick powder and heat until the powder becomes liquidy. Pour glitter on top and heat just a bit more.

No comments: