Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mini Backpacks


I volunteered to make a couple of gifts for the teachers and staff at Kyle's school for Teacher Appreciation Week last week. I decided to make this adorable mini backpack that uses the Fancy Favor XL die for the Big Shot. This die is a MUST HAVE if you like to make mini boxes. It is SO easy to put together. I filled the mini backpacks with Hershey Kisses.

To make the backpack:
  1. Use Big Shot to cut out one fancy favor box. I recommend using the Extended Premium Crease Pad for this! Do not fold or adhere box together, yet.
  2. Cut a 3x3 piece of cardstock and rounded the edges of two corner. Score the straight edge at 3/4" and 1 1/4". This piece was adhered to the back of the box.
  3. I attached my star punches to this piece before I adhered it to the box.
  4. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch 2 holes through the lid and box-(I folded the lid at the crease so that I could punch through both layers.)
  5. Punch 2 holes near the bottom corners.
  6. Cut a 16 1/2" piece of ribbon.
  7. Thread the ribbon through the top 2 holes on the lid. Be sure the ribbon is even on both sides and leave a little handle at the top for the backpack loop. Tie knots so the loop stays put.
  8. Thread the ribbon through to the back of the box.
  9. Thread the ribbon through the bottom holes.
  10. Tie knots and trim.
  11. Use Sticky Strip to adhere box.
  12. Add Velcro dot underside of lid to close box.
Now, I just realized that you can see the ribbon that comes out of the back to look like the backpack straps! I'll take a picture of the back soon so you can see it.

1 comment:

Lisa Babb said...

So cute, so cute my friend!!!