I volunteered to make a couple of gifts for the teachers and staff at Kyle's school for Teacher Appreciation Week last week. I decided to make this adorable mini backpack that uses the Fancy Favor XL die for the Big Shot. This die is a MUST HAVE if you like to make mini boxes. It is SO easy to put together. I filled the mini backpacks with Hershey Kisses.
To make the backpack:
- Use Big Shot to cut out one fancy favor box. I recommend using the Extended Premium Crease Pad for this! Do not fold or adhere box together, yet.
- Cut a 3x3 piece of cardstock and rounded the edges of two corner. Score the straight edge at 3/4" and 1 1/4". This piece was adhered to the back of the box.
- I attached my star punches to this piece before I adhered it to the box.
- I used my Crop-a-dile to punch 2 holes through the lid and box-(I folded the lid at the crease so that I could punch through both layers.)
- Punch 2 holes near the bottom corners.
- Cut a 16 1/2" piece of ribbon.
- Thread the ribbon through the top 2 holes on the lid. Be sure the ribbon is even on both sides and leave a little handle at the top for the backpack loop. Tie knots so the loop stays put.
- Thread the ribbon through to the back of the box.
- Thread the ribbon through the bottom holes.
- Tie knots and trim.
- Use Sticky Strip to adhere box.
- Add Velcro dot underside of lid to close box.