Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Shimmer Paint is 2 Cool!

This was my club layout for April. It is so much sparkly in real life! I used my Big Shot to cut my letters out of our Sticky Pages and added our fine glitter to it. I them made a glitter spray using alcohol and the Shimmer Paint that was available in the Holiday Mini.

Tip for using Sticky Pages: The Sticky Pages are just like using out Sticky Strip. When you cut peel both sides off the sticky part, it becomes very flimsy. I had a hard time getting my letters where I wanted them. So, for my club girls, I decided to back the letters in cardstock. Cut your sticky sheet to the size you want and peel off the white backing. Adhere the sticky part to cardstock of your choice and cut to size. Then run through your Big Shot. Peel off the red liner and add glitter. Then use your Snail to adhere the letters to your project.

The Shimmer Paint is still available to order. It comes in Champagne Mist (#116806), Frost White (#116854), and Platinum (#116807). I used the Champagne Mist. I bought a little spray bottle from the travel section of a drug store and filled it a little more than half way with rubbing alcohol. Then I poured some of the shimmer paint into it and shook it up. Maybe a teaspoon or two. Experiment with the amount of paint to get the look you want. The shimmer spray really pops on the dark black background.

No comments: