Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Card, finally!


Well, I finally found time to make my Christmas Cards for this year! I decided to go with another Photo Card. These are a little different from the ones I made last year. Regular photo cards measure 4x8, but I made mine 4 x 9 1/4". I did this so I could fit the Christmas tree image. This card will still fit in a business size envelope. The greeting measurements are: Real Red--3 x 3 3/4", Shimmery White--2 3/4 x 3 1/2"

It's always so hard to get Kyle to smile a "real" smile when I take pictures! He gets so goofy. I decided to use this picture because it's just so "Kyle"! Putting the reindeer on top of your head just makes sense to a 5 year old. He got a kick out of himself!

The card is very simple---no embellishments or anything, which is very hard for me to do. Almost all of my projects have ribbon. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to pay extra postage and to be sure that the postal machines don't tear apart my cards (this has happened before!). The machines get stuck on the embellishments and before you know it, I get a call from a friend telling me they received a very mangled card!

No comments: