Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Friday, December 12, 2008

Club Christmas Gift Exchange

This past Monday was my Club meeting with my 8 wonderful clubbers. This month we skipped our regular swap of scrapbook pages and did a stamped gift exchange. We played the "Thief" game--where each person takes a turn opening a present or stealing one from someone else. The ladies came up with some wonderful projects. And, once again, I forgot to take pictures of them. I will show you the gifts I made, though.

I bought this jar from Target and decorated it with the small Jingle All the Way Decor Element in Olive. I wrapped the Riding Hood Red striped ribbon from the Holiday Mini catalog around the mouth of the jar. The red Top Note piece inside was put there so that the image would show up in my photo, but I kind of like having it in there for contrast.

I bought the wreath from Michael's on sale for $3. It also has the fantastic striped ribbon around it. I used pieces from the On Board Trinkets Ornaments kit also found in the Holiday Mini. I painted the words--hope, peace, love with Red Craft ink, let them dry, painted with Tombow, and sprinkled Red Chunky glitter on them. The two ornament pieces were covered with designer paper from the Ski Slope pack found in the Holiday Mini. I'm not crazy about my bow at the top. It was a last minute addition because I needed something there, but I'm not great at making bows!

All of the ladies did a wonderful job with their stamped gifts. We had a wine basket, spa basket, adorable frames, fantastic jar sets using rub-ons, wreaths, and more. I ended up stealing from Pam Jamie's adorable Christmas garland shown below. She used the chipboard pieces from On Board Seasonal Somethings. The pieces were embossed, glittered, and decked out with half-back pearls, ribbons, and rhinestone brads. It's just beautiful!



I want to thank Claudia for making me this fantastic pink blanket with my name. I love it! Thank you also to Pam and Kimberly for the grape spreaders. Kyle and I both like to use them when we ice our cookies. Thanks for thinking of me, ladies. I appreciate it!

No comments: