Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flower Pot Pocket Card


I made this adorable card for my friend Jennifer's daughter's birthday. These are so fun to make. What I like is that you could also just put this straight onto a scrapbook page!

The pot was made by taking a 1/2 sheet of cardstock (hot dog style--4 1/4 x 11) and folding it in half. I used my paper cutter to make the two diagonal cuts that make the flower pot shape. I scored each end at 1 1/2" and then used the Scallop Edge punch on them. Adhere the flaps down with sticky strip. Adhere the sides to make your pocket. I ran my flower pot through my Big Shot with the Manhattan Flower embossing folder.

For the card insert, I cut a piece of 3 1/4 x 3 1/2" Chocolate Chip, and a piece of 3 x 3 1/4" Whisper White cardstock. This size will vary depending on how large your flowers are and how much room you need to write your message. I cut 3 flowers out using 3 different embosslits. Embosslits actually emboss and cut out the shape when you run it through your Big Shot machine. I just love them!

I also used the Little Leaves sizzlit and some rhinestone brads. I stamped the little ladybugs from Garden Whimsy on scrap cardstock and glued them to the flowers. I added a little Crystal Effects to give them some shine and dimension.

To get the flowers just right, insert the card into your pot. Use dimensionals to adhere your flowers on top of the card so they overlap the front of the pot a bit.

No comments: