Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh, the Horror!

I am having an extremely hard time writing this post today. I just have to share a shameful, horrible thing that I've done. Okay.......are you ready?



I bought Kyle's birthday invitations! Gasp!! I know, I know!




Okay, it's out. I feel better. Now, let me tell you my pitiful excuses.

1. You may remember that I had planned on Kyle having a PIRATE birthday party this year. After purchasing 3 different Pirate sets, and choosing the most adorable invitation ever to make, I just couldn't get into the BATMAN theme.

2. I couldn't come up with a good enough bat using my punches. Believe me. I tried and tried and tried. They all just looked silly.

3. After purchasing bat die cuts off Ebay, I worked on two different card versions. I wasn't really happy with either. Especially after Kent asked me if I was making a Halloween party invitation or a Batman invitation.

4. So, after throwing both cards at my dear husband and realizing that I really should send out invitations by Monday, I decided to do the unthinkable and buy invitations at the store.


So, if you must find a new demonstrator who won't lead you astray, then I understand. But, just wait until you see the little bat treat boxes that I'm going to make for the party! Maybe then you'll come back to me!

But, I must confess---I think I just might buy the Thank You notes, too!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think that card is pretty cute! But I can't judge- haha! Sometimes I'm in the mood to make 'em and sometimes I'm not! :)