Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)
Monday, October 8, 2007
The Great Pumpkins!
Don't you love these pumpkins? They're great for putting on a table as a centerpiece or hanging from the ceiling or stringing them togther to make a garland. Can you tell I'm on a garland kick?
1. Cut 10-12 1" x 8" strips of double-sided designer paper.
2. Stack them together and use your Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole through all of them. If you don't own a C-A-D, then you need one. Or just punch single holes through each strip making sure to line the holes so they're even.
3. Repeat at the other end of the stack.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon---oh, I don't know how long, I just guessed! Maybe 6-8 inches. Put it through one of stacks and tie a knot at the top so that you have a stem.
5. Thread the ribbon through the other end and tie a knot so that you have a C shape.
6. Spread out each of the papers, make some leaf shapes, and curly cues and you have a pumpkin!
* you can play with the measurements of the strips, but I don't recommend going larger than 9". If you want to make tiny pumpkins, be sure to adjust the width of the strips.