Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Glitter Windows

Have you ever made a Glitter Window card? This was the first card technique I ever tried when I first started stamping. Below is the actual card I made over 4 years ago. I had just started stamping. It is a very simple, easy card--but definitely not my style now! :O)

The Glitter Window is made by adding a piece of clear packaging tape to the back and then sprinkling Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on top. While working on some cards the other day, I decided to give Glitter Windows another try. Here are two that I made:

This first card uses the Big Shot Snowflake die. The rest of the card is very simple because the snowflake window is so huge! I love that the Baja Breeze background shows through the window and gives a nice color to it.

This second card is made using two punches--the Scallop Circle and the Snowburst punch. I saw another card like this one and thought it was such a neat take on the glitter window.

Glitter Window Technique:
1. Use a punch or die or paper cutter to make some type of window in the base of your card.
2. Add packaging tape to the back of the cardstock so that the sticky of the tape is on front.
3. Sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds to the sticky side and brush off excess.
4. Finish your card as you like!

No comments: