Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Card Swaps

I think I've mentioned before that I am part of a group of demonstrators that swaps cards periodically. This lets us get a variety of samples to show our customers without having to purchase all of the stamp sets. Our group is called Quality Control Swappers or QC Swappers. The ladies in this group do fantastic work and I'm very honored to be included with them! Anyway, here are two cards I made recently for a "New Catalog Set" card swap for this group.

This first card uses A Good Friend stamp set found on page 91 in the current catalog. I am not a bird person (ask me about the time I found myself in Lorikeet Landing in San Deigo), but I just LOVE this bird in the stamp set. I also bought the coordinating set Cheep Talk on page 90.

I took the color combination from the Rainbow Sherbert designer paper--Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal, Green Galore, and Gable Green. This is such a fun, happy combination! I used my Big Shot Texturz plates to give some texture to the popped up wing.

Recipe
Stamp Sets: Good Friend, Wow Flowers (sentiment)
Paper: Rainbow Sherbet DP, Apricot Appeal, Gable Green, Whisper White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Big Shot Texturz SU BG 1, Large Oval punch, Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Cutter Kit


This second card uses the Lots of Thoughts stamp set. This is a set we've needed for a long time! No one likes having to make Sympathy cards, but there are times that we all need them. I fell in love with the tree in this set the minute I saw it. I was so very excited to see that we had a matching Decor Element. I haven't had a chance to put it up, but will share a picture once I do.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Lots of Thoughts
Paper: Chocolate Chip Patterns DP, Sage Shadow, Kraft, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip (craft and classic), Sage Shadow
Accessories: Iridescent Ice EP, Heat Tool, Kraft Tafetta Ribbon, Large Oval punch, Eyelet Border punch, 5/16 Neutral Brads, Stampin' Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Carrie, Great cards for a swap! I'm sure the ladies are going to love them. How did you get involved with this group? I am looking for something like that to help "push" me a little.