Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Holiday Mini Sneak Peak

The new Holiday Mini begins today. You are just going to LOVE all the wonderful things in it! You should be receiving your Mini Catalog very soon. If you do not receive one by September 8 or are not on my mailing list, let me know if you would like a copy.

Demonstrators are offered a pre-order opportunity from the mini catalogs, so I ordered all kinds of fun stuff (as usual)! I signed up for a demonstrator only swap using stuff from the new mini, so here is one of the two cards I made. I'll share the other card with you another day.

This card uses a beautiful autumn leaf set called Autumn Splendor. I seem to be a sucker for leaf sets (worse than those darn bird sets!). I believe this is my 3rd or 4th leaf set I've purchased from Stampin' Up! I also used the Autumn Meadows designer paper and silver elastic cording found in the Holiday Mini Catalog. The designer paper has this distressed, inky print to it, so I added that same effect using the Direct to Paper technique (simply rub your cardstock against your pad).

At the bottom of the card, I used a strip of the designer paper to make the folded band.

No comments: