Each year, I like to add some type of stamped bag and a gift for my girls who come. You can see what I made last year by clicking here. This year, I made (with Jennifer's help) these super cute Santa Bags and Santa Hershey Bar covers. Don't you love them?!
Both are super easy to make. After finishing the candy bar holder, I realized that my bags look kind of goofy with the white showing in the buckle. That doesn't really seem right. So, my directions below will have you make a black belt that goes all the way across. Also, you could make the candy bar holder longer so that it doesn't show the top and bottom of the candy bar.
Santa Gift Bag
Supplies: Whisper White cs, Basic Black cs, 1 ¼” circle punch, 1 3/8” square punch, Red gift bag, Merry Moments Designer Paper, Silver Cording, Big Shot Two Tags die, Christmas Punch stamp set (hostess only)
- Cut a 3 x 10 ¼ strip of Whisper White. Distress sides using Cutter Kit or scissors.
- Cut (2) 1 ½” x 3 ½” basic black for belt.
- Cut (1) 2 ¾ x 2 ½” basic black for buckle. Use square punch or paper cutter to cut out middle.
- Punch 3 basic black circles for buttons.
Santa Candy Bar Wrapper
Supplies: Hershey Bar, 5 ½ x 7 ¼”Real Red cs, Whisper White cs (1 ½ x 7 ¼. 1 ½ x 5 ½), Basic Black cs (1 x 7 ¼, scraps), ½” circle punch, Stampin Dimensionals.
- Score red cardstock with 5 ½ at top at 2 ¼, 2 ½, 4 ¾, and 5”.
- Apply adhesive to one flap and wrap this around your candy bar.
- Score the same as above for the Black piece and the longer white piece.
- Tear both edges of shorter white and the top edge of the longer white.
- Adhere the shorter white down the middle of your Santa’s body.
- Apply adhesive to back of longer white piece and wrap around bottom edge of your Santa’s body.
- Apply adhesive to back of black piece and wrap around middle of Santa’s body.
- Cut a 1 ¼” square from Basic Black cs and adhere to middle of belt.
- Punch 3 ½” black circles and attach to white strip using Stampin’ Dimensionals.