Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Decor--Part 1

I am working a few different projects for the holiday season and plan on sharing them with you over the next few days. Look forward to a fantastic Advent Calendar, mini trees, and a decorated wreath.

I made this project for my sideline, Kelli, who so generously shared her pictures from the Stampin' Up! regional event we attended in September. My camera batteries died and I could only find 3 of the 4 that my upline brought for me. Kelli took all kinds of pictures and put them on a CD for me. Now, if only I could find it! To view a bigger picture, click on it.


I want to share with you a great product from Stampin' Up that I don't use very often, but really need to use more! It is the Heat & Stick Powder. Usally when I use glitter, I use my 2-Way glue to adhere the glitter. Those of you who do the same thing know that the glitter will come off every single time you touch it. That's okay when you're sending a card because we all know that the card doesn't get handled too much and, truthfully, it most likely ends up in the trash.

For this home decor project, I didn't want to have a naked snowflake, so I used the Heat & Stick Powder. To get the best coverage on my snowflake, I smooshed my Versamark pad on top of the snowflake. Then I added Heat & Stick powder on top of the snowflake, heated it with my heat tool, added my glitter, and heated it again. Now, I have a great snowflake that won't lose it's glitter!

Supplies Used: Real Red and Garden Green cardstock and ink pads, Very Vanilla cardstock, Snowflake from Trimmings chipboard collection in the Holiday mini, Heat & Stick Powder, Silver Glitter, Dashing Designer Paper, Rhinestone Brad from the Pretties Kit, River Rock Double stitched ribbon, Crop-a-Dile, blank coasters.

**If you would like to purchase some blank coasters, I have some left and am selling them 10 for $1. Contact me if you'd like some.

No comments: