Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Monday, November 12, 2007

Oh, what a night!

I had to share with all of you the fantastic club meeting we had tonight. I have a great group of ladies who have been clubbing with me for quite a while. We always have a lot of fun at our meetings, but tonight was super fun! This was the last meeting of the club round (they'll be starting again in January), so instead of doing a scrapbook layout, we stamped on silk scarves with craft ink.

Also, instead of doing our normal card swap, we decided to do a gift exchange where each of us made one stamped project. We played the "thief" game where the next person can choose a new gift or steal one from someone else. Let me tell you, these ladies made some fantastic gifts. Let's see. . .we had some great altered lunch tins, a swap box to hold sidebars, some Christmas ornaments, a Bitty Board book for Halloween, a Christmas organizer, and this fantastic frame:

Michelle_frame


Michelle made this frame and I am the lucky one to get it! Naturally, I forgot to take pictures of the other gifts even though I had my camera sitting on my desk. But, I do have the gift I made.

Organizer_front organizer_stuff


It's a Christmas Organizer made from the wonderful Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit. Inside it has four pockets for a small planner, Christmas list pad, Gift Guide, and a receipt envelope. I made all of those things to fit inside. The ladies loved it so much, that I plan on offering it as a class, possibly in January--yes, I know that is after Christmas--to make one for next year!

See, we have so much fun at our club meetings! This group has up to 2-3 spots available in their club that meets on the 2nd Mondays of the month beginning in January. Let me know if you would like to take one of the spots. The club is a mixed club. They alternate between making scrapbook pages and learning card techniques. They will be swapping Quickstrips (sidebars) instead of full layouts beginning in January. Contact me if you would like more information!

No comments: