Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Baby Shower Ensemble

Okay, I am such a slacker! I haven't posted anything in a long time. I am taking 4 online computer classes at Sinclair this quarter and have been working on homework and other stuff for my classes. I will take 3 more courses next quarter, and will be able to re-certify my teaching certificate. My hope is to get a job at a virtual academy so that I can still stay home with Kyle.


Back to stamping! I threw my sister-in-law a baby shower last weekend. We had a small turnout, but it sure was fun planning! I stamped matching invitations and thank you notes to start. Then I wanted to carry over the lion theme to my games. As many of you know, I am addicted to the Scallop Punch and poking the little holes in each scallop. So, I punched and pierced all the little scallops for the 2-4-6-8 party favor boxes, too! If you've never made a 2-4-6-8 box, you're in for a treat. They are so easy to make and can be used for so many occasions. Here are the directions:

Start with a half sheet of cardstock (8 1/2 x 5 1/5). Score long ways at 2", 4", 6", & 8". Turn the paper and score at 2". You now have 4 tall boxes with 4 short boxes below. You have a skinny tab that is divided into two sections--one tall, one short. Use scissors to cut the lines of the 4 short boxes--stop when you get to the perpendicular line of the tall boxes. Now, cut off the small, skinny section. You are left with a skinny tab--cut each end at an angle. Fold on all scored lines. Apply strong adhesive (if you're doing this for a very special occasion or making these way ahead of time, I recommend using our Sticky Strip) on each of the small boxes and along the tab. Fold up small boxes to make the bottom of your box and insert the tab inside to close it. You can push in the sides of the box and close it at the top with ribbon like I did or just keep it open. Add a handle with ribbon.


So, after making the party favors, I decided to add more of those cute little scalloped circles to the basket I bought for "tray game." This is the game where you put a whole bunch of baby items in a tray or basket for people to look at and try to remember what they saw. The basket and its contents go to the Mama to Be, of course. I ran these scallops through my laminator and attached them to the basket with Mini Glue Dots. But, I didn't stop there! Have you ever played the Baby Food game--where everyone looks at jars of baby food without labels and guesses what is inside? Well, I just don't like the idea of not having labels on the food, so I cut strips of Designer paper to cover the labels. And, I added scalloped circles on the tops. Can you say obsessed?! After all that, I decided it was best to just STOP. I do think everything turned out really cute, though!

Stamps
• Wild About You
• Short & Sweet

Paper
• Soft Sky and So Saffron Designer Paper
• Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Whisper White

Ink
• Close To Cocoa
• Chocolate Chip
• Soft Sky
• River Rock Classic ink refill

Stampin’ Up! Accessories
• Soft Sky double stitched ribbon
• Certainly Celery wide grosgrain
• Scallop Punch
• 1 3/8 and 1 1/4" circle punches
• Mat Kit

No comments: