You have until August 30 to submit your entry for this month's Project Challenge. This is an envelope card that can be used to hold gift cards, money, candy, and more. This project uses ALL NEW materials. The colors used are from the new In Color Line--Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss. I love the new Bella Rose Designer Paper. The stamp is from a beautiful new set called Dreams du Jour.
Here's what you'll need:
- 4 1/4 x 10 3/4 sheet of cardstock
- 4 x 4 and 1 3/4 x 4 pieces of coordinating Designer Paper
- Coordinating cardstock for image and matting--my measurements are:
Whisper White: 1 3/4 x 1 3/4
Riding Hood Red 2 x 2
Kiwi Kiss 2 1/4 x 2 1/4
- Stampin' Dimensionals
- Paper cutter with scoring blade
- 2 standard envelopes 3 5/8 x 6 1/2"--not the kind SU sells.
- Be sure to have all of your paper cut to the sizes mentioned above. Take the 4 1/4 x 10 3/4 sheet of cardstock and score it along the long edge at 4 1/4 and 8 3/4.
- Adhere your Designer Paper to the appropriate places on your cardstock. Stamp your image and adhere it to the mats.
- Attach 2 Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of your matted images at the bottom. This piece is what we use to hold the card closed.
- Peel off the backings of the Stampin' Dimensionals and adhere it to the folded "card" being sure to overlap the flap of the card.
- Seal both envelopes and cut them at 4".
- Run a line of adhesive on the back of your envelope (from the open top to the bottom)and attach it to the back of the other envelope. Now, I used the envelopes I had on hand, but if I would choose, I would buy the cheap envelopes that are all white--not with the security lining, so that they would look nicer.
- Run adhesive around one side of the envelope pair and attach it to the center of your cardstock as shown. Make sure the open end of the envelope is at the top.
- Run adhesive on the other envelope and fold over the cardstock to attach it. Now, when you open your card it opens slightly to show 2 pockets. Fill the pockets with gift cards, money,notes, candy--whatever you think of!
- Tuck the top flap behind the stamped image mat and you're finished! These cards will fit in the A2 envelopes that we normally use for cards.
Now, get busy! Remember to email me your finished project using any supplies you have on hand. I will randomly pick a winner to receive a stack of 5 cards with envelopes.