Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Take 2

How fun is this?! Last year I made the globe version. Click here for directions for those. I had never seen this kind before. It works great as a pumpkin, but how about as a Christmas ornament? So easy to make---give it a try! I used regular cardstock, but our Designer Papers would be fantastic!

Directions:
Cut one strip 1"x6" (strip A), two strips 1"x7" (strip B), two strips 1"x9" (Strip C), two strips 1"x11" (Strip D). Arrange them in this manner: DCBABCD. Tap them on a table so all of the ends touch -> Staple this. Now just gather all of the tops, line them up, and staple them as well. I cut a 1 x 2 inch strip of Kiwi Kiss cardstock--although, I guess I probably should have used a brown for the stem. Fold it over and adhere it over the top section. I punched leaves with my Wide Oval Punch, cut them into a leaf shape, and adhered them to the side. Finally, I used my Crop-a-dile to make a hole at the top for my ribbon.

No comments: