Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Friday, January 16, 2009

I Love the Little Mermaid!


Isn't this the cutest layout you've ever seen? The seaweed is made using the Big Shot and the Swirly decorative die. The mermaid and crab use various SU punches. I didn't come up with those original ideas, but the layout is all mine! I was so excited when the idea came to me (while taking a shower---seems to be my new source of inspiration). My club girls were going to be using Stampin' Up's fantastic punches to make fun little punch art cards. My downline Christine did a swap while at Convention this year and brought back some of the most amazing ideas.

This was going to be the 2nd club meeting doing the punch art--this was at their request. I wanted to show the ladies how to take their punch art pieces and use the in a card and layout, so that's how this layout came about.

Anyway, two years ago we went to Florida in December and took Kyle to Disney for the first time. The only character we waited in line to see was the Little Mermaid. We waited almost an hour, which I realize isn't that bad, but long enough for us! The Little Mermaid sits in a grotto. When little boys go to see her, she puts lipstick on and gives them a kiss on the cheek. Kyle was a little nervous to see her, but got comfortable. He loved his lipstick kiss, though.

When I get the pictures on this layout, I will be sure to share them with you.

No comments: