Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scrapbooking

This was my swap for my mixed Scrapbooking/Card Making Club that met last night. I just love this tree from the Snow Swirled stamp set. It is so pretty! The green background is actually Old Olive, but it looks horrible in this picture! I had not stamped anything since before Christmas so it was nice to play in my basement again. Although, I ended up being there all day while I worked on making 9 of these pages!

I am so excited about the other great swaps we got tonight. It is so nice to get a great selection of themes and styles. I'm going to start getting my things ready for the Super Stampin' Weekend and having all of these swaps makes it so much easier. I just grab my pictures and see which swaps will work for them and then put the swaps and pictures in a Craft Keeper. When I'm ready to scrapbook, all I have to do is pull out a folder and I'm ready to start.

Are you wondering what swapping is? A swap is where you make the same layout for everyone in your group. Everyone else also makes a layout for everyone in the group. Then we swap--taking home 9 two-page layouts that only need our pictures added to them. It is so much easier to to make 9 of the same layout than to make 9 different layouts. Be sure to read this post for more information about swapping.

It's not too late to sign up for the Super Stampin' Weekend March 20 -22! You can find information by clicking on the link above or by clicking on "Super Stampin' Weekend Registration Form" in the right column under "Special Download Forms." We will be having a scrapbook swap due the Saturday of the weekend, so you will have quite a few pages to get you going through the weekend. There are 3 options for your stay: All Weekend, One Night, or All Day Saturday. This will be our 4th time going to King's Domain and we always have such a fantastic time. You don't want to miss it! Feel free to call my with any questions.

No comments: