Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Club Card

Tomorrow is my Mixed Club meeting. This is a group of ladies ( a few relatives, too!) who have been stamping with me for a long while. This is the last meeting of the Club round, and we will be making cards. One of the cards we'll be making is this stair step card. It is a really neat card to make and doll up because it can sit on a shelf as remembrance of the sentiment or occasion.

I had never made one of these and was really surprised at how easy it was to make. This card uses the Big Shot and some dies. I used the "Scallop Circle" (which is my absolute favorite die) and the "Bird w/ Leaves and Flower" die which is my newest die. I am not a bird person, but I have just caught on to the bird trend that Stampin' Up seems to be on. I bought both of the silly bird sets on pages 90 and 91 and now I have the Big Shot die.

This club starts a new session on April 9 and has room for 2 more members. It will be a Scrappin' Club this round. The club meets on the 2nd Mondays of the month at 7:00 pm. We meet at 6:30 for those who want to do dinner. Each month's hostess takes turns picking up dinner (we all pay for our own!). This is an optional part of club. Our club also swaps layouts which makes keeping up with your own scrapbooking so much easier. Please contact me if you have any questions!

Directions for the Stair Step Card:

1. Start with a 5 x 8 1/4" piece of cardstock for the base of your card.
2. Score at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 4 1/4, 6, 8 1/4.
3. Accordion fold it so that you have 3 stairs of varying heights. Start the fold so that the first small stair is facing down.
4. Cover your stairs with designer paper or cardstock of your choice. Mine measure 1 x 4 3/4", 1 1/2 x 4 3/4", and 2 x 4 3/4".
5. Decorate the 3 stairs with various die cuts or cut-out images. Be sure that when you fold the card, your pieces don't stick out to far to prevent the card from fitting into a standard envelope!

I will share the 2nd card-a spiral pop-up card---tomorrow!

No comments: