Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Digital Studio

Some of you may have received your Holiday Mini catalog today and noticed the new My Digital Studio, a software studio that lets you make cards, photo albums, scrapbooks, and more! This new software will not be available for purchase until October 1. However, demonstrators are allowed to order one so that we can get familiarized with it. So, what do you think? Did I buy it?

Yes, of course I did! I have just had a little time to play with it tonight, so I'm still figuring things out. But, I LOVE it! Digital scrapbooking will never replace regular scrapbooking for me. I love the tactile experience from making my own pages by hand as well as the texture, and really, just the stamping part of it. But, I will be using MDS (My Digital Studio) to make super fun vacation books, gifts, and calendars.

There are plenty of other digital scrapbooking programs out there, but this program is much more than that. It is a digital crafting solution. Besides, NONE of the other programs have exclusive Stampin' Up! images and colors. You will love how easy it is to put together well-coordinated projects using the colors you've come to know and love.

Stampin' Up! will soon be offering training for me to learn all about this new program. I will be offering a free class so that you can learn all about it. Stay tuned for details.

The two pages you see were made by me using the MDS software. The Taylor page was made from scratch while the Snow Angel page was made from a template. I was able to pick my own designer paper for the background, add the stamped snowflakes on the big pictures in colors that I chose, add eyelets and ribbon.

As I play with the program a little more, I will post more pictures.

No comments: