Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Teacher Gift


Kyle has just finished his first two weeks of kindergarten. He had a rough start at the beginning. He seemed nervous and would often tear up when he had to get in line to go inside the building. Each year, I like to give a small gift to the teacher as a thank you for all that she does and to let her know that we are looking forward to a great year.

I started buying some cute little teacher gifts at various dollar spots, bought a gift card to a teacher store, and had a fun bucket to put it all in weeks ago. Then Friday morning (when I had planned on Kyle giving his teacher the gift), I realized that I hadn't stamped anything for her! So, I quickly made this adorable box using the Fancy Favor XL die by Stampin' Up! Don't you LOVE the curvy top?

I used a retired apple stamp and made 6 little 3x3 cards to put inside it. I added simple greetings like Hello, Happy, and Thanks with the Fundamental Phrases stamp set. I also used my new Real Red Polka Dot grosgrain for the first time. This project took me all of maybe 20 minutes to put together.

One thing I really wish Stampin' Up! would come out with is a good selection of school themed stamps! I have a retired set that is okay, but I would love to see some new sets. This is a spinner card I made for a class a while ago. I used the Round Tab punch to make the apple shape. Isn't is cute?!

No comments: