Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Introducing Taylor and Scrap Maps


Say hello to my new nephew, Taylor! Isn't he adorable?! He was born November 5. He weighed 9 lbs 15 oz and was 23 inches long! What a little chunk. I am absolutely in love with baby Taylor and can't wait to see him again.

Okay, now back to stamping!

Last month for Club, I planned something a little different for my ladies. Instead of having a layout for them to copy, I gave them a Scrap Map. This is a "map" that gives a basic layout idea. Scrap Maps are great for helping get your creativity flowing and for getting you to scrap out of your box--using a layout idea that you may not normally use.


I showed them my pages created from the Scrap Map, let them choose from some of my retired designer paper and let them loose. I made two samples--a Fall themed one and an adorable girly layout that I don't get to do very often. I'll upload the Fall one later--I'm going to put pictures on it first. I gave the girly layout to my friend Jennifer. Here are some samples from a few of the ladies. There are actually 8 in the club, but two were missing and I didn't think to take pictures until the rest were gone!

Mom's Layout

Leslie's Layout

Michelle's Layout

You can find additional Scrap Map ideas at www.scrap-maps.com

No comments: