Dates to Remember
(this will stay at the top--scroll down to view newer posts)

  • November 17 November Scrap Class

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Holiday Gift Ideas: Gift Cards

I'm a little behind in sharing some holiday ideas with you! So, let's start with a popular option--gift cards. I love to shop, but it seems more and more people just want gift cards. So, I like to pair a gift card with a small gift like candy. Who doesn't love candy?!

Last year, I attached gift cards to giant Hershey bars for my brother, brother in-law, and little cousins. This year I bought a really cool skull mug from Target for my cousin's son. I will put a gift card and some candy in it for him.

Recently, I made two adorable gift boxes with Stampin' Up! gift certificates for my uncle and cousin to give to my aunt. As you can see, she likes purple! Both of these were really easy. I added a cello bag with candy (Hershey Kisses and Peppermint Patties) along with the gift certificate. The first one is a take off my Frankie and Santa boxes. I followed the directions for making the box (you can find them here) and left off the Top Note face pieces. I finished this one very simply because it was a last minute call and my aunt was coming over for a class and I didn't want her to see it!

Stamps: Floral Background
Paper: Lavender Lace
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: big flower from Pretties kit (sponged with ink), half back pearl from Pretties kit, gold brad (behind pearl to hold flower to box), Word Window Box, Small cello bag, Elegant Eggplant ribbon), Scallop edge punch



This box is my favorite! It uses the Top Note die from our Big Shot collection. The top notes are attached to a small paper bag that was cut to 2 1/2". This bag is similar to my Smores Kit bag (find directions here), except that the bag was a 3# bag instead of a lunch size sack. I buy my bags in bulk from Gordon Food Services, but you can find similar sized bags at various craft places.

Stamps: Dreams du Jours (butterfly), Embrace Life, On Your Birthday
Paper: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Whisper White
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Mellow Moss, Basic Black
Accessories: Top Note die, 3 # paper bag, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches, Scallop Circle Punch, White Tafetta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Wide Oval punch


No comments: